Brühlhalle um 1880
A gymnastics club has existed in Calw since 1846, which initially had to hold its exercises in alternative venues. It was not until 1869, with the help of a large collection campaign and the support of the city of Calw, that enough money was raised to build a gymnasium south of the "Neue Brücke" and at the level of the "Badischer Hof". Like numerous gymnasiums in southern Germany in the 19th century, the building was constructed in an architecture reminiscent of a church, with exposed trusses and a basilical floor plan.
The interior is divided into a nave and two aisles.
A riser tower was used by the fire department for training purposes. The hall was used by numerous Calw clubs as a practice and festival hall. It was also used as an alternative location for a cinema.
Today the hall houses a catering business.
| Ort | Calw |
| Autor | Touristinfo.Calw |
| Kategorien | Stadtbild |
| Suchbegriffe / Tags | |
| Lizenz | Alle Rechte vorbehalten |
| Bildquelle | Stadtarchiv Calw |
| Urheber | Unbekannt |
| Urheber Vergleichsbild | |
| Lizenz Vergleichsbild | Alle Rechte vorbehalten |
| Bildquelle Vergleichsbild | Stadt Calw |
| Zugeordnete Touren | Historischer Stadtrundgang durch Calw Historical City Walk Through Calw |