ao-6879-10466-1631711374.jpg New
Original Image Old
1935 2014
volume_down Audio
close
comment Kommentieren
share Teilen
info Infos

Iron House um 1935

Iron House

The Bügeleisenhaus, a half-timbered house (from around 1650), is reminiscent of an old-fashioned coal iron. The oldest settlement of Unkel was likely to have been here on the Upper Market (Oberer Markt) which suggests a preceding building at this site. The half-timbered house stands on a quarry stone plinth and the roof is covered with traditional slate. Inside one can find a baroque ceiling from around 1685. The earliest known owner was Nelles Krewell in the 17th century. Maria Eva Krewell, a daughter of his son Arnold, was clearly his heir around 1725. She married Johannes Mollberg but after her early death he remarried.

He and Anna Maria Heckener had a son, Jodocus Mollberg, who became the owner in 1811. Jodocus‘ widow sold the property to Theodor Berger in 1880. In the 20th century Anton Hardt had a garage for cars, motorcycles and bikes, where he also sold bikes and sewing machines. His son Ferdinand and his wife Raffaela, née Masson, continued the business. In the 1970s her sister Cilly and her husband Jakob Wierig moved into the Bügeleisenhaus. Jakob Wierig (1929-2014), is remembered as an honorary much merited Unkel citizen active within local politics and associations and a successful mediator for many years.

Ort Unkel
Autor Unkel
Kategorien
Stadtbild
Suchbegriffe / Tags
Bügeleisenhaus
Lizenz Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Bildquelle
Stadtarchiv, Bild A026
Urheber
Urheber Vergleichsbild
Unkel
Lizenz Vergleichsbild Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Bildquelle Vergleichsbild eigene, Bild HG010
Zugeordnete Touren Altstadt Unkel
Old Town of Unkel
Vieille ville d'Unkel

Satellitenansicht