Pütz Lane um 1900
The waterpump, Pütz, leads into Unkel’s best preserved group of houses from the 18th century, including the Lämmlein tavern. Due to the urban renewal programme of the 1970s the plaster was removed from several houses making the beautiful half-timbering visible. In 1759, the mayor, Joseph Clasen, had the pump column erected from Latit rock from the Siebengebirge (inscription: BMJC 1759). The pump, decorated with pinecones and volutes, replaced the open well. The Clasen-clan, dating back to the 1600s, uninterruptedly held public offices throughout the 18th century. Joseph’s brother Engelbert was the builder of the Guardian Angel House. Until the installation of water pipes at the end of the 19th century, this public well and a few private wells were the only water supply for the population. Unkel pupils suggested restoring the „Pütz“ in 1973. Pump handle and discharge pipe were re-installed.
| Ort | Unkel |
| Autor | Unkel |
| Kategorien | Stadtbild Tourismus |
| Suchbegriffe / Tags | |
| Lizenz | Alle Rechte vorbehalten |
| Bildquelle | Stadtarchiv, Bild A012 |
| Urheber | |
| Urheber Vergleichsbild | |
| Lizenz Vergleichsbild | Alle Rechte vorbehalten |
| Bildquelle Vergleichsbild | eigene |
| Zugeordnete Touren | Altstadt Unkel Old Town of Unkel Vieille ville d'Unkel |