ao-7065-11928-1670849409.png New
Original Image Old
1890 2022
comment Kommentieren
share Teilen
info Infos

Town Hall Calw um 1890

View of the Calwer Town Hall

The first town hall in this place was built in 1454. It was destroyed in 1634.

The current stone substructure of the town hall dates back to 1673.In the once open market hall grain was sold, butchers and bakers had their stalls here. When the building burned down again in 1692, the stone substructure was preserved. The upper floors were rebuilt between 1726 and 1730. in 1929, the character of the facade was changed by cutting off all the window frames of the 18th century. 

It was at this time that the figures symbolizing the three most important tasks of the city towards its citizens were placed: the figure of a knight stands for protection, the tree for the rootedness and prosperity of the community and the mother with children for care. Above the arcades are the Württemberg coat of arms on the left and the coat of arms of the town of Calw on the right.

Ort Calw
Autor Touristinfo.Calw
Kategorien
Rathaus
Suchbegriffe / Tags
Rathaus
calw
rathaus calw
Schwarzwald
hesse
Lizenz Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Bildquelle
Stadtarchiv Calw - FC 34-001
Urheber
unbekannt
Urheber Vergleichsbild
Jonas Bott
Lizenz Vergleichsbild Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Bildquelle Vergleichsbild Stadt Calw
Zugeordnete Touren Historischer Stadtrundgang durch Calw
Historical City Walk Through Calw

Satellitenansicht