Nikolaus Chapel 1926
The stone bridge and the Gothic chapel were built around 1400.
The chapel was dedicated to St. Nicholas, the patron saint against high and stormy water. In the course of the Reformation in the 16th century, the two former figures were probably removed from the niches to the left and right of the chapel portal. During the renovation of the chapel in 1926, the figures of a draper and a raftsman were placed in the niches. They symbolize the former economic pillars of the town, the cloth and cloth-making and trade in their products, as well as the rafting, connected with the timber trade. Due to these two branches of industry, Calw was one of the economically strongest cities in Württemberg for a long time. The window panes of the chapel show the coats of arms of Calw families. They were also reinstalled during the renovation in 1926. St. Nicholas Bridge and St. Nicholas Chapel are considered landmarks of Calw.
| Ort | Calw |
| Autor | Touristinfo.Calw |
| Kategorien | Erinnern |
| Suchbegriffe / Tags | |
| Lizenz | Alle Rechte vorbehalten |
| Bildquelle | Fotohaus H. Fuchs Calw - FB 48 - 030 |
| Urheber | Unbekannt |
| Urheber Vergleichsbild | |
| Lizenz Vergleichsbild | Alle Rechte vorbehalten |
| Bildquelle Vergleichsbild | Stadt Calw |
| Zugeordnete Touren | Historischer Stadtrundgang durch Calw Historical City Walk Through Calw |