Old Latinschool um 1890
On January 7, 1696, the first lessons were held in the newly built schoolhouse.
At first, the building housed the German and Latin schools together, later only the Latin school. The Latin schools in the cities were institutions of higher learning and introduced the older students to the sciences. The lessons were held to a large extent in Latin. However, since school attendance cost money, only the privileged could enjoy this higher education. There had already been a Latin school in Calw since 1453. The building was acquired by the city of Calw in 1980. The local adult education center has been located here since 1987.
| Ort | Calw |
| Autor | Touristinfo.Calw |
| Kategorien | Stadtbild |
| Suchbegriffe / Tags | |
| Lizenz | Alle Rechte vorbehalten |
| Bildquelle | Stadtarchiv Calw - FB 36 - 001 |
| Urheber | Unbekannt |
| Urheber Vergleichsbild | |
| Lizenz Vergleichsbild | Alle Rechte vorbehalten |
| Bildquelle Vergleichsbild | Stadt Calw |
| Zugeordnete Touren | Historischer Stadtrundgang durch Calw Historical City Walk Through Calw |