ao-7843-13363-1698689652.jpg New
Original Image Old
1965 2023
comment Kommentieren
share Teilen
info Infos

Ercklentz House um 1965

The ground floor is decorated in magnificent Empire style

This elegant three-storey townhouse dates to the 18th century and was originally created by merging two smaller, modest dwellings. It was built by cloth merchant Gerhard Arnold Mühlen, who, in 1778, founded a charitable trust known locally as Der ewige Pott ("The Eternal Pot"), dedicated to supporting the poor and needy of Kempen.

A later owner, Peter Anton Thissen – mayor during the French administration from 1808 to 1811 – undertook extensive renovations. The impressive Empire-style design of the ground floor still reflects his influence. Further alterations were carried out in the 19th century, including the addition of the decorative stucco façade.

It is possible that Thissen had the original Rococo building completely rebuilt, though certain architectural features were preserved, such as the symmetrical five-bay façade and the proportionally diminishing window heights on the upper floors.

In the 19th century, the property came into the hands of the Ercklentz family, whose name the house retains to this day.

Other houses in Kempen from the same period, such as Judenstraße 5 and Peterstraße 14 and 30, follow a similar architectural layout.

Ort Kempen
Autor Stadt Kempen
Kategorien
Suchbegriffe / Tags
Stiftung
Haus Ercklentz
Kempen
Lizenz Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Bildquelle
Freiwilligenagentur
Urheber
Unbekannt
Urheber Vergleichsbild
Gudrun Holzmann
Lizenz Vergleichsbild Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Bildquelle Vergleichsbild Stadt Kempen
Zugeordnete Touren Altstadtrundgang Kempen
Old Town Tour of Kempen

Satellitenansicht