ao-7843-13403-1698756452.jpg New
Original Image Old
comment Kommentieren
share Teilen
info Infos

Lion Pharmacy House

For 125 years, there was a pharmacy here

Pharmacies have existed in Kempen since the 18th century, though their original locations are unknown. In 1810, pharmacist Nikolaus Marcelli from Erkelenz founded the Zum goldenen Löwen pharmacy in the former home of city architect Friedrich Vogt, on the corner of Judenstraße and Alte Schulstraße.

Between 1847 and 1895, the town also had the Zum Goldenen Adler pharmacy at the corner of Buttermarkt and Kuhstraße.

In 1887, the Löwen Pharmacy was relocated by its new owner, August Hucklenbroich, to the late 18th-century building on Buttermarkt. At that time, it was known as “the Bürgermeisterhaus” (Mayor’s House) or “Tenhoff’sches Haus”, after its previous owner, Mayor Joseph Tenhoff.

In 1899, Joseph Kleinertz took over the pharmacy, which remained in operation under various owners as Kleinertz’sche Löwen-Apotheke until the end of 2012.

The skylight grille, featuring two forged lions, was added in 1949 by master blacksmith Fritz Rasch from Kevelaer, highlighting the building’s historic name.

Ort Kempen
Autor Stadt Kempen
Kategorien
Platz/Park
Suchbegriffe / Tags
Apotheke
Löwenapotheke
Kempen
Buttermarkt
Lizenz Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Bildquelle
Freiwilligenagentur
Urheber
Unbekannt
Urheber Vergleichsbild
Gudrun Holzmann
Lizenz Vergleichsbild Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Bildquelle Vergleichsbild Stadt Kempen
Zugeordnete Touren Altstadtrundgang Kempen
Old Town Tour of Kempen

Satellitenansicht