volume_down Audio
close
comment Kommentieren
share Teilen
info Infos

House Winkelbach

House Winkelbach, Obere Frankfurter Straße

In 1785, Heinrich Fuchs built an impressive half-timbered house with baroque interior decoration next to the southern town gate directly on the town wall. An external staircase led to the upper first floor, where you enter the Winkelbach-House through a beautiful baroque door. Inside, a noble baroque staircase led to the second floor, which partly protruded over the road. A large garden extended alongside the south of the town wall.

The carpenter family Walbröhl owned the house in the 19th century. In 1926, Pantaleon Josef Winkelbach, a concrete craftsman, married the heiress Christine Walbröhl. The grandson, postman Paul Winkelbach, sold the house and the property to the Deutsche Bundespost in 1971. Against resistance from the monument protection authority, the Deutsche Bundespost had the building and part of the town wall demolished. A post office was built in the former garden. Additionally, typical small craftsmen‘s houses were built, such as numbers 8 and 10. Looking at number 14 (Haus im Kreuz, around 1700), one can see a typical winegrower’s house with a loading flap in the gable and a trap door leading directly to the wine cellar from the hallway with its richly ornamented stucco ceiling.

Ort Unkel
Autor Unkel
Kategorien
Erinnern
Abriss
Suchbegriffe / Tags
Abriss
Fachwerkhaus
barocke Innenausstattung
Lizenz Alle Rechte vorbehalten
Bildquelle
eigene, Bild MW001
Urheber
Zugeordnete Touren Altstadt Unkel
Old Town of Unkel
Vieille ville d'Unkel

Satellitenansicht